Knipex 1301614SBA Electricians' Pliers - 4-In-1 Awg 10, 12, 14, 6.25 Inch
- The ideal pair of pliers for cable work.
- For gripping and bending wire.
- For cutting soft, medium and hard wire. With precision stripping holes. For crimping end sleeves (ferrules) .
- Precision cutting edges additionally induction hardened, cutting edge hardness approx. 60 HRC
- Plastic coated handles.
An ideal pair of pliers for cable work, these Knipex Electricians' Pliers (model 13 01 614) are ideal for cutting soft, medium, and hard wire with 10 to 14 AWG diameters. The cutting edges are induction hardened to approximately 60 HRC. It also features precision stripping holes for crimping end sleeves (ferrules), forged vanadium electric steel construction that's been oil-hardened, and heavy duty plastic-coated handle grips.
Quality in Every Detail
Sometimes we give our pliers a really hard time. We try to destroy them to find out what makes them good and long lasting. Because we don't want to leave anything to chance, we take a long, careful look.
The steel Knipex uses is precisely hardened with a maximum of 0.8 percent carbon and defined parts of chromium and vanadium, guaranteeing optimum cutting performance and service life — even though it requires special production and costs a bit more. But our high product demands require this.
The rivet of our high-leverage diagonal cutter also has to stand up to a lot of stress. That's why we literally give it backup: we forge it straight onto the pliers. This means extra effort as we have to precision mill the rivet to a few hundredth millimeters. But satisfied users are worth this effort.
Knipex also looks closely at the small details. The angles, the sharpness, the hardness, the toughness of the cutting edges. The precision and smooth movement of the joint. The handle design and the finish. We keep reviewing these subjects, we research, we test, and we improve our pliers.
Headquartered in Wuppertal, Germany, Knipex is an independently owned family enterprise steeped in tradition and specializing in the manufacturing of high-quality pliers. It all started back in 1882 when C. Gustav Putsch set up his own forge shop in Cronenberg (now a suburb of Wuppertal), and the company is now run by a fourth generation of that family. The world's leading brand in pliers today, Knipex is focused on the performance, service life, and ergonomics of its tools in order to meet the high expectations of professional users.
13 01 614 Electricians' Pliers
At a Glance
- Ideal pair of pliers for cable work
- Cuts soft, medium and hard wire, plus grips and bends wire
- Cutting edge hardness of 60 HRC (approximate)
- Chrome vanadium heavy-duty steel, forged and oil-hardened
- Stripping capacities: 10, 12, 14 AWG
- Cutting capacity: Up to 3/32-inch nail and wire pin; 1/16-inch wire rope strand and steel wire
- Length: 6-1/4 inches
- Weight: 5.0 ounces
- Handles: Plastic coated
- Product Dimensions: 0.75 x 3.25 x 8.75 inches;
- ASIN: B003RWS8W0
- Item model number: 1301614SBA