Kidde i12020 Basic Hardwire Smoke Alarm with Test Button
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $4.89
- Amount Saved: $9.31
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- Hush feature temporarily silences nuisance alarms
- One touch test button tests unit's electronic circuitry
- Quick connector makes installation fast and easy
- Tamper resist locking pin helps deter alarm tampering and theft
- Kidde?s smoke alarms meet the requirements of Underwriters Laboratories (UL), an independent facility that tests products for compliance with widely-accepted safety standards
The AC-powered, hardwired Kidde i12020 ionization smoke alarm is designed to protect you and your family from the dangers of smoke and fire. This smoke alarm's trademarked hush feature allows you to silence nuisance alarms, while an indicator LED and test feature let you easily confirm that the alarm is working.
The Kidde i12020 smoke alarm offers a tamper-resistant feature to deter vandalism or theft and a smart interconnect system that connects with up to 24 Kidde devices--including other smoke alarms plus carbon monoxide and heat alarms. It has a large mounting base that helps protect surface paint from dirt and covers imperfections, and its pre-stripped wiring harness has an easy-off cap and tinned strands to increase conductivity.
By pressing the hush button, you can easily and safely silence nuisance alarms caused by non-emergency situations, such as overcooked dinners. This feature desensitizes the alarm for approximately seven minutes. During this time, the alarm chirps every 30 to 40 seconds. If the smoke is too dense, the hush feature is overridden and the alarm still sounds, and the alarm automatically resets at the end of the seven minutes. This convenient safety measure eliminates the temptation to remove the alarm's battery, which creates an unsafe situation.
The Kidde i12020 smoke alarm uses ionization sensing technology, which generally detects invisible fire particles (associated with flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms. Kidde recommends that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to insure maximum detection.
What's in the Box
One Kidde i12020 120V AC wire-in smoke alarm, and operating and installation instructions.
- Product Dimensions: 2 x 6 x 6 inches; 0.02 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 0.02 pounds
- ASIN: B000BQWPGK
- Item model number: 21006374